1. Changes in Terms and Conditions Sportivo Travel reserves the right to revise these general Terms and Conditions at any time, and may add to any contract a prevailing set of Event Specific Terms and Conditions valid and binding for a specific event.
2. Your Contract When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept on behalf of your party the terms and conditions. A contract will exist as soon as we issue our confirmation invoice, for Internet or email bookings a contract will exist as soon as the booking is confirmed over the web, by email or verbally by telephone.
3. Your Booking Price When you make your booking you must pay a deposit as requested. The deposit requested may equal 100% of the value of the total booking. The balance of the price of your booked arrangements must be paid at least 10 weeks before your departure date. If your booking falls within this ten weeks period, full payment will be required at the time of confirmation. We hold all monies you pay to Sportivo Travel on your behalf until we issue our confirmation invoice. The person completing the booking (including web, telephone or email bookings) accepts responsibility for payment for all of the persons on the booking, and is responsible for informing all party members of the relevant booking details and conditions. On tickets and hospitality there maybe a premium charged above face value, to sold out events, which reflect our costs of obtaining preferred seating. This premium is based on supply and demand along with seat location. We reserve the right to impose surcharges once you have booked but no surcharges will be imposed within thirty days of departure and any downward revision in the price will be refunded to you. Surcharges will only be imposed for variations in: (i) transportation costs, including the costs of fuel. (ii) the exchange rates applied to the particular package.
4. If You Change Your Booking If, after our confirmation invoice has been issued, you wish to change your travel/booking arrangements in anyway, for example your chosen departure date or accommodation, we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes to be made must be in writing from the person who made the booking. You may be asked to pay an administration charge.
5. If You Cancel Your Booking You, or a member of your party, may cancel your travel arrangements at any time and shall be effective from the date written notification from the person who made the booking is received at our offices. Since we incur costs in canceling your travel arrangements, you will have to pay the applicable cancellation charges: 70 days or more Deposit Only 43 to 69 days 75% 0 to 42 days 100%
6. If We Change Or Cancel Your Holiday or Booking It is unlikely that we will have to make changes to your travel arrangements, but we do plan most arrangements many months in advance. Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Most of these changes will be minor and we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date. We also reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements. For example, if the minim number of clients required for a particular travel arrangement is not reached, we may have to cancel it. However, we will not cancel your travel arrangements less than 4 weeks before your departure date; except for reasons of (i) force majeure; (ii) the tour being booked within the 4 week period prior to travel operating under specific cancellation terms notified to you at the time of booking, or, (iii) failure by you to pay the final balance. If the deposit and/or balance are not paid in time, we shall cancel your arrangements. If the balance is not paid in time we shall retain your deposit, we also reserve the right to resell the package without informing you. If we make a major change to your travel arrangements we will inform you as soon as possible if there is time before your departure and you shall have the option of accepting the change or canceling the holiday with a full refund. FORCE MAJEURE: We regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances amounting to "force majeure". Circumstances amounting to "force majeure" include any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not even with all due care, foresee or forestall such as (byway of example and not by way of limitation) war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, acts of God, adverse weather conditions, and all similar events.
7. If You Have A Complaint If you have a problem with your flight, holiday or booking, please inform Sportivo Travel immediately, who will endeavour to put things right. You can either telephone the tour representative in resort (whose’ contact details will be provided prior to departure), call us on 1-312-884-1442. It is unreasonable to take no action whilst on holiday, but then write a letter of complaint on return. If you do not raise your concerns immediately, this may affect our ability to investigate and take remedial action and it may impact on the way your complaint is dealt with. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to Sportivo Travel at PO BOX 8068, Chicago, IL 60680.
8. Special Requests We will consider special requests, such as high or low floor preferences in a hotel, when you book. We will tell you whether there is a charge for the request. We can only guarantee requests charged for, or confirmed in writing.
9. Our Liability to You 1. We accept responsibility for ensuring that your travel arrangements, which you book with us, are supplied as described in the sales Invoice confirmation and will perform our obligations with reasonable skill and care. If any parts of your travel arrangements are not provided as promised, we will pay you appropriate compensation if this has affected the enjoyment of your travel/booking arrangements. 1. We cannot accept liability where the failure to perform the contract or improper performance of the contract is due to: a) Acts and/or omissions of yourself or any member of your party. b) The fault of someone else, not connected with the provision services contracted for and is unforeseen or unavoidable. c) Any circumstances, unusual or unforeseeable, beyond our control, which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been excised. d) Any event, which we, or the supplier of any part of the contract, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall.
10. Personal Injury Unconnected With Your Booked Travel Arrangements If you, or any member of your party, suffer death, illness or injury whilst overseas arising out of an activity, which does not form part of your travel arrangements with us we will at our discretion, offer advice, guidance and assistance.
11. Brochure & Sales Information Accuracy We will provide facilities and services as advertised in any sales information sheet or website and the prices, offers and information printed therein are valid at the time of publication until superseded by publication of new pricing.
12. Insurance Travel insurance is not offered by Sportivo Travel. You may purchase separately on your own.
13. Health & Safety For medical advice regarding your journey, including vaccinations, please the Department of Health website at http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel.